I already wrote about my interest in various philanthropy topics, one of them is being helping out people in Ghana. The easiest way for me to do that is to employ IT resources from there. There can be several reasons why an organization might choose to work with an IT company in Ghana, some of them include:
- Access to skilled and talented workforce: Ghana has a growing pool of skilled and talented IT professionals, which can provide an organization with access to a high-quality and cost-effective workforce.
- Cost-effectiveness: Working with an IT company in Ghana may provide cost savings compared to other regions, due to factors such as lower labor and production costs.
- Location advantage: Ghana is well-connected to the rest of the world, making it a convenient location for an IT company that is looking to operate in a central location in Africa.
- Government Support: The Ghanaian government has been actively encouraging IT businesses and providing them with the necessary support to help them succeed.
- Growing IT industry: Ghana’s IT industry has been growing rapidly in recent years, and there are a number of well-established IT companies in Ghana that have a track record of delivering high-quality products and services.
- Increased Quality of Service: IT companies in Ghana have developed reputation for providing good quality IT services and Solutions that is comparable to developed countries.
As with any business decision, it is important to evaluate the risks and benefits, as well as to conduct thorough research and due diligence on the specific IT company you are considering working with, to ensure that they have the necessary capabilities and resources to meet your needs. When it comes to Accra, the capital of Ghana, it is the home to a growing number of IT companies. These companies provide a wide range of services and solutions, including software development, web design and development, mobile app development, IT consulting, and digital marketing. Some of the well-known IT companies in Accra include:
- Softtribe: This is a Ghana based IT services provider which specializes in enterprise software development. Softtribe has clients across West Africa region, providing software development services to companies in various sectors such as Manufacturing, retail, banking and telecommunications
- Zara Studio: Zara Studio is an Accra-based full-service IT agency providing digital solutions, such as web design, digital marketing and software development. The agency have a reputation of delivering high-quality digital solutions to local and international clients.
- BlueCrest: BlueCrest is one of the largest IT firms in Ghana, providing IT solutions to clients in the banking, telecommunications, and oil and gas industries. The company’s services include software development, IT consulting, and systems integration
- Black Pepper Technologies: Black Pepper Technologies is a software development and consulting firm that specializes in providing IT solutions to clients in the financial services, telecommunications and e-commerce sectors
- MEST Ghana: MEST is an organization that helps in building scalable technology companies in Africa. They have an incubator program in Accra and help entrepreneurs grow their startups by providing funding, mentorship, and training to promising software development companies
- Tech Needs Ghana: This is an IT company that specializes in providing digital solutions such as Website development, Mobile App development, and Digital marketing services to companies in Ghana.
These are some of the IT companies in Accra, it’s worth noting that there are many more IT companies with various sizes, capabilities, and focus areas. So, it is important to research, evaluate the options and conduct due diligence to ensure that the company you choose is the right fit for your IT needs.
I did the right due diligence, and found a company, which is not among the list above: turntabl.io. So why did I choose them among all the other choices?
Beside everything above applies to them (skilled and talented workforce, cost effectiveness, location/timezone advantage, government support, growing industry, good QoS), their ‘secret’ weapon is their CEO, Sam Moorhouse.
Sam has a distinguished career – worked at Morgan Stanley and Citi as senior developer, and for 7 years, been training developers at many companies as part of the company Mallon Associates. That latter skill was what made it possible to train up 100+ developers in his Accra based office, with the help of Mallon, and with the help of many employees of large financial institutions, who flew to Ghana and was teaching the batches of developers there, in person.
The resources I have been enjoying from turntabl clearly went far above and beyond of my expectations. When it comes to them working as a group on open source projects of ours (like Arriving to… Crossroads | Dotneteers.net, see https://turntabl.io/crossroads/), or working as team augmentation on various tasks, they did deliver with ease, elegance, and professionalism. This is what you get if you engage with them – which I highly recommend, whether you are looking for new resources or help in open source projects, next to everything else above – you will have the ability to feel like you are giving back too. So, this is how the turn tables 🙂