I am using this column to advertise the new book from my friend, Dean Guida. We know each other for over 20 years, and I have been a loyal customer for his company – and speaking to many of his directs over the years, I always wondered, what is his secret? How did he create a vNext business decades ago, how did he become a Microsoft launch partner, how he did do the ‘right way’ the Infragistics way. And you do not have to ponder about this more – his new book, gives away his well kept secrets, like:
- how he got to love unlimited PTO for his employees?
- why should you nap during the day?
- how to do go-to-market strategic plans and positioning better, and how to align?
- how to feel the rhythm of the business (much more than just scrum!)?
- how to dimensionalize and do better meetings?
- how to do coaching, sponsoring, leading in style?
- how to have the tough conversations?
- how to use data to drive your business better, and what to do with moonshots and BHAGs (big-hairy-audacious-goals) and how to build them based on objectives-key activities-results (OKRs)?
- how to lose and find trust?
- beside food, what else helps in building culture?
- And many more!
I highly suggest checking out his book, fresh on Amazon: