So, what is the value of blogging in 2023? Why I did not choose some other platforms, like TikTok for this presence? Blogging can be compared with other platforms such as:
- Social Media platforms: Blogging is different from social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, which are primarily designed for sharing updates and interacting with others in a more personal and social context.
- Video sharing platforms: Blogging is different from video sharing platforms such as YouTube, where the primary focus is on sharing short-form video content.
- News and media websites: Blogging is different from news and media websites, which focus on delivering news and information to a mass audience.
- Online forums and discussion boards: Blogging is different from online forums and discussion boards, which are designed for community-based discussion and debate.
- E-commerce platforms: Blogging is different from e-commerce platforms such as Amazon and Shopify, which are designed for buying and selling products online.
But blogging continues to have value in 2023 for several reasons (definitely not all of them applies to this blog 😀 ) :
- Blogging allows for in-depth, comprehensive, and well-researched content creation, which can be useful for sharing knowledge, opinions, and expertise.
- Blogs offer a platform for building a personal brand, and can establish one’s authority in a particular industry.
- Blogs can drive traffic and provide a means of monetization through advertising and affiliate marketing – not this place, as I do not have any monetization on this site.
- Blogs provide a permanent and accessible archive of content, whereas platforms like TikTok is a more ephemeral platform with a primary focus on short-form video content.
- Blogging can be a source of leads and customers for businesses, especially through search engine optimization (SEO) efforts, although clearly, search is now moving away from being only website SEO driven.
- Blogs provide a platform for community building and fostering engagement through comments, social shares, and email subscriptions.
- Blogs can be a valuable tool for education and personal growth, with individuals able to share and reflect on their learning experiences.
- Blogs can be used as a source of information and news, particularly in niche industries or communities.
- Blogs can help individuals and organizations establish themselves as thought leaders and influencers in their industry or community.
- Blogs can serve as a source of entertainment and inspiration, with bloggers sharing personal stories, travel experiences, and creative works.
- Blogs can provide a platform for activism and social justice advocacy.
- Blogs can be used to document and share personal journeys, such as weight loss or career changes.
- Blogs can offer insights and advice on various topics, such as personal finance, relationships, or parenting.
- Blogs can be a source of revenue for freelancers and independent content creators.
- Blogs can be a valuable resource for job seekers, with many companies and organizations using blogs as a recruitment tool.
- Blogs can be used as a tool for crisis communication and reputation management, with companies and organizations able to share their perspectives and respond to negative press.
- Blogs can provide a platform for storytelling, allowing individuals and organizations to share their unique experiences and perspectives with a wider audience.
In a nutshell, many of the reasons above are the reason I choose to blog instead of being active on other platforms; although I do crosspost these posts to LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook 🙂